#1 andieoz

andieoz

Backup

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • 41 thanks

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Cardiff-City-icon.pngCardiff City Football Club

I'm getting ready for my fourth season with the club now. So I'll will try to post regularly from there on.

The reason I chose Cardiff City as my team is rather silly. I was playing as Wales faction in Medieval II: Total War: Kingdoms. And that was so fun I wanted to play as Welsh team on FM. And therefore I chose Cardiff City.

Before I started the game I didn't know that the Malaysian owners changed the logo and home shirt color. That's why I've used the old logo and "The Bluebirds" as topic name. You don't change a 100 year old tradition just to be more "appealing"!!

I will give you an update on my first three seasons in the next post!

#2 Glenn

Glenn

Official FMF Penalty Taker and Pool Shark

• Manager
  • 4,556 posts
  • 619 thanks

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

*Goes to download Medievil 2: Total War*

Goot luck with this mate!

GoT2_zpsc46cd063.png

Midero: emoticons are word condoms

#3 JohnM87

JohnM87

First Team

• Icon
  • 639 posts
  • 52 thanks
  • LocationDundalk, Ireland

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Looking forward to see how you did with Cardiff so far mate :)

#4 andieoz

andieoz

Backup

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • 41 thanks

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Cardiff-City-icon.pngCardiff City Football Club

5-year plan:

I always plan five years at the time when I play FM. So I looked up a note I made when I started the game and translated it to English.

• Establish as a contender for the Europe League spots.
  • Win one of the cups.
  • Create a great infrastructure, world class training ground and youth facilities.
  • Buying young players for the future, not spending the big bucks on superstars.
  • Buying mainly British/Irish talents.
  • Having a 60% British/Irish first team squad.
  • Expand our stadium. A 26.765 capacity isn’t enough for a team who wants to be a contender for the European spots.

Season 1:

Nothing but promotion was acceptable as we were favorites this season.

Transfers:

Wellington Nem, the FM13 bargain. Schooling him to play AML because of his dribbling skills and speed. Jääger and Del Horno brought in because of lacking backup at the fullbacks. And Kerim Frei on loan to play AMC in my      4-2-3-1 formation. Gardner as backup for my strong central midfield.

No problems this season, leading the league from December to the end. Early exits from both cups

Top scorer: Etien Velikonja - 12/ 17 games
Most assists: Wellington Nem - 17/ 38 games

Best rating: Ben Turner - 7.86/ 37 games
Most POM: Ben Turner - 7/ 37 games

Awards:

Player of the year: Wellington Nem - 7.43/ 38 games

Young player of the year: Kerim Frei - 7.50/ 26 games

Worth mentioning is the huge financial problems I had this season. We'were really close to administration, which led to Ghee's resignation. Local businessman Simon blitz bought the club and avoided administration.

Second and third season will be up soon.

#5 Glenn

Glenn

Official FMF Penalty Taker and Pool Shark

• Manager
  • 4,556 posts
  • 619 thanks

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

Comfortably done in the end. Good job that guy came in and saved you!

GoT2_zpsc46cd063.png

Midero: emoticons are word condoms

#6 Schmidy

Schmidy

FMF's Admin, VIP and token South African

• Manager
  • 3,503 posts
  • 371 thanks
  • Steam: schmidyk
  • LocationPietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

Well done a very good 1st season there.

Love seeing Etien Velikonja he was one of my first signings (for any club I could) when I played FM12. Always forget he is now at Cardiff.

fs_overall.png

"If someone else disagrees, they should make their own game" - Miles Jacobson (@milesSI)

#7 SamPeters93

SamPeters93

CHAINSAW - okay Harty, you win! Glenn

• Members
  • 1,478 posts
  • 560 thanks
  • LocationPeacehaven, East Sussex

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

funny the way your season ended up is exactly how it could IRL with Brighton trying to win the Play Offs :)

#8 John Warrington

John Warrington

Backup

• Sugar Daddy
  • 225 posts
  • 28 thanks
  • Steam: TRFC23
  • LocationWallasey, Wirral

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

Great first season.  Hope you do well in the Prem

lowe_zps84840d9c.png

#9 JohnM87

JohnM87

First Team

• Icon
  • 639 posts
  • 52 thanks
  • LocationDundalk, Ireland

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

Well done on promotion, but it was inevitable seeing how good of a side they are.  Hope you do well in your second season mate, good luck staying up :)

#10 Ice

Ice

Ice Ice Baby

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • 238 thanks

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

a great 1st season there, your decision to bring Wellington Nem proved to be spot on, KIU

Posted Image

#11 andieoz

andieoz

Backup

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • 41 thanks

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Cardiff-City-icon.pngSeason 2

Back at top level after 51 years! (Just like IRL) All we wanted to do this season was to stay put in the Premier League. The board didn't expect anything, and media anticipated a 19th place.

Transfers

But I was pretty confident on surviving, the team was strong and therefore we didn't bring in immediate reinforcements.

We struggled a bit last season to get one of the strikers to score regularly. So that's why I loaned Chamakh, to give Velikonja some competition. Suso was loaned since we couldn't get Kerim Frei on a new loan. McDonald and Jacobo were two highly recommended 16 yo talents. Sørensen was supposed to give Marshall some competition. Bellusci bought in January since we leaked like a sieve.

A lot better than anticipated! We had control on the European spot for so long, but I can't complain at all!

Top scorer: Joe Mason - 12 goals/ 22 games
Most assists: Wellington Nem - 8/ 26 games
Best rating: Ben Turner - 7.63/ 35 games
Most POM: Aron Gunnarsson - 3/34 games

Awards:
None

funny the way your season ended up is exactly how it could IRL with Brighton trying to win the Play Offs :)

Yeah I know, but I'm hoping for Watford :) They've played some entertaining football under Zola!

*Goes to download Medievil 2: Total War*

Goot luck with this mate!

You should try the Westeros mod and let me know if it's worth downloading :)

#12 Lubo

Lubo

First Team

• Assistant Manager
  • 965 posts
  • 180 thanks
  • LocationIreland

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Well done. Great outcome of your first season in EPL. Hope you can build on this. KIU

#13 Schmidy

Schmidy

• Manager
  • 3,503 posts
  • 371 thanks

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Great second season there Andieoz.

I'm shocked to see Chelsea won the league, and how well Newcastle did, but then I'm so used to them doing badly in FM

Looking forward to seeing how you went in your 3rd season.

fs_overall.png

"If someone else disagrees, they should make their own game" - Miles Jacobson (@milesSI)

#14 SamPeters93

SamPeters93

CHAINSAW - okay Harty, you win! Glenn

• Members
  • 1,478 posts
  • 560 thanks
  • LocationPeacehaven, East Sussex

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

That was an amazing second season for you there! and how dare you want Watford....BOOOOOO! :P

#15 andieoz

andieoz

Backup

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • 41 thanks

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Great second season there Andieoz.

I'm shocked to see Chelsea won the league, and how well Newcastle did, but then I'm so used to them doing badly in FM

Looking forward to seeing how you went in your 3rd season.

Chelsea was unbelievable strong, Hazard, Mata and Torres were just outstanding. Torres's two last seasons has just been of another world, 66 goals in 71 PL games!

As for Newcastle; they ended up 3rd the season I was in the Championship. And I'm not that surprised, they have some pretty descent talent in their squad. 

#16 Schmidy

Schmidy

• Manager
  • 3,503 posts
  • 371 thanks

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Chelsea was unbelievable strong, Hazard, Mata and Torres were just outstanding. Torres's two last seasons has just been of another world, 66 goals in 71 PL games!

As for Newcastle; they ended up 3rd the season I was in the Championship. And I'm not that surprised, they have some pretty descent talent in their squad. 

Don't say that too loudly we about to get relegated :P.

I know what you mean though, it's a pity FM14 will see a lot of players stats decline

fs_overall.png

#17 andieoz

andieoz

Backup

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • 41 thanks

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Don't say that too loudly we about to get relegated :P.

I know what you mean though, it's a pity FM14 will see a lot of players stats decline

That's been the problem for Newcastle, fulfilling their potential...

That was an amazing second season for you there! and how dare you want Watford....BOOOOOO! :P

Well.. they have a moose in their logo. That's enough reason for me :)

#18 andieoz

andieoz

Backup

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • 41 thanks

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Cardiff-City-icon.pngSeason 3

After a surprisingly good second season I wanted us to get one of the places in Europe. We made a huge profit of £17m last season, and therefore I remember to have a quiet descent transfer budget.

Transfers

As I mentioned in my "5-year plan" I wanted to have 60% British/Irish players in my first team. But with English players being overpriced I fell for the temptation to buy foreign players. We needed reinforcements if we were going to play in Europe next season. And I was surprised to get so many players from free transfer. Honda, Landreau, Pieters and Buckley all went straight into the starting eleven.

Fabio was perhaps to expensive, but that can not be said of Immobile, only £400K for a striker of his caliber! And finally I didn't have to loan players to get the depth we need :)

Chudy,Darwish and Girasole being three hot prospects. PS! Darwish is 6,8 feet and 223 Ib!!

A third place!! Totally exceeded my expectations! But we were lucky to score so many goals, cause conceding 58 goals is just crap. Early exits from both cups this year as well.

Some of the young guns really stepped up to the task this year, SS will come.

Topscorer: Ciro Immobile - 23/ 33 games
Most assists: Will Buckley - 15/ 32 games
Best rating: Ben Turner - 7.73/ 31 games (Scored 11 goals as CB)!!
Most POM: Ben Turner - 7/ 31 games

Awards:
Team of the year: Immobile and Turner
Manager of the year: 2nd

Regularly updates from the 4th season will be up next!

#19 Schmidy

Schmidy

• Manager
  • 3,503 posts
  • 371 thanks

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

WOW, what a season there And, certainly impressive with some incredible signings as well.

Now that we have caught up with where you currently are I'm looking forward to seeing how you manager with CL footy

fs_overall.png

#20 andieoz

andieoz

Backup

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • 41 thanks

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

Cardiff-City-icon.png2015/2016

Goals this season:

Premier League:

Last season was just amazing, and maybe we overachieved. But to be honest, I'll be disappointed if we fall out off the top 4. But there are one area we have to approve  Defending. Last season we conceded 58 goals, and that's not gonna do if we want to make the CL every season from now on. In comparison Arsenal (4th) and Liverpool (5th) conceded 26 and 31 goals.

- Make the top 4
- Concede less than 40 goals
- Continue to play our beautiful offensive football
- Give our top prospects plenty of chances.

Champions League

We got a very though group. Barcelona, Napoli, and Shaktar are all excellent teams. I expect Barca going through, with either Napoli or Shaktar following. It isn't impossible for us to get the 2nd place, cause we actually finished 3rd in the best league in the world. But our goal here is not to finish last, all other than that and we're happy

F.A- and League Cup
 We've done poorly so far in the cups. The F.A Cup will be prioritized of the two, and realisticly they're our only chance of getting any trophies this year. Though the League will be the main focus

Signings:

RbTlaIyh.png

With none of my three goalies stepping up to the task last season, I decided to sell Marshall. Pieters arrived free last season, and he is a quality player. But since I played him on LB I moved Fabio to RB. And none of them played very well. Therefore I sold Pieters, since Fabio cost me £5m last season.

8T5ymDth.png

I was searching the national teams for some possible transfer targets. Then I saw that Trippier had played for England lately. And he was listed by Celtic as well. And now I could play Fabio at his natural LB.

0eUjGvoh.png
 I needed a new goalie, again. And it was very hard to find a top player at the right price. I wanted the guy to be under 30 and better than Landreau. At the end it was down to Ruddy and Koval. Ruddy was £3m cheaper but wanted a higher salary. And with Koval being a Ukraine regular and only 22 I ended up with him. But being Cardiff's most expensive player ever (Trippier 2nd) he has a lot to live up too.

In Dempsey I get a rotation player which can play anywhere in midfield. Ola John is a back-up winger. And Caldwell is there to help us tighten up defensively. 

Squad
TnHxUwzh.pngswBVkryh.png

Qualifying for CL have given us some extra funds and the board has been most kindly:
xmdSknuh.jpg

MdbBbyFh.jpg

August and September will be up very soon. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hi There!

We have moved over to The Football Community and posting on The FMFormation is no longer possible.

Please come and join us over on The Football Community :)