Alberto

The Godfather Of FMF

• Chairman
  • 1,324 posts
  • 165 thanks

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Hey Everyone,

Here it is, the highly anticipated return of Alberto’s 4-4-2! Haha

The tactic is similar to its predecessors in FM11, FM12 and FM13. It’s a fluid and attacking tactic.

The Goalkeeper

[Goalkeeper] Alberto's 4-4-2 FM14

Nothing out of the ordinary here, typical goalkeeping role.

He has set instructions to play fewer risky passes and to distribute to defenders.

The Defence

[Defence] Alberto's 4-4-2 FM14

A flat 4 at the back. In the Left Central position is your stopper. He will push ahead of the defensive line and close players down before they get to the area. Both he and the right central defenders will, like the goalkeeper play fewer risky passes.
The fullbacks are set to automatic. They will switch between defend, support and attack according to your match strategy and how the game is going. They both have the instruction of running with the ball.

The Midfield

[Midfield] Alberto's 4-4-2 FM14

The left central midfielder is your Deep lying playmaker. He will operate the space between the defence and the midfield and aims to initiate attacking moves via pinpoint passes to players positioned higher up the pitch, so make sure the player you put in this position can pass, tackle, is composed and is creative.
The Right central midfielder is set to be a box to box midfielder. This needs to be your most well rounded CM. But possibly the most important attribute for this role is the players stamina. This player is going to be running literally from “box to box”, so he needs to have higher natural fitness and stamina.
The wingers are both Inside Forwards, with instructions to attack. They will look to cut inside and run directly at the defence of the opposition and works best when the players strongest foot is opposite of the flank he’s playing on. It’s also important to know that I have the AMR and AML switching flanks every so often.

The Attack

[Attack] Alberto's 4-4-2 FM14

Up here you have 2 strikers, a Poacher and a False Nine.

The false nine will look to roam from position and play short passes interlinking with the poacher, deep lying playmaker and the inside forwards.

This is a passing analysis when i played Tottenham away to White Hart Lane.

Passing Analysis V Tottenham Away

Installation Instructions:

[Step 1] Extract the "Tactics" folder into your Sports Interactive folder, found in your my documents folder.
[Step 2] In FM14 go to your tactics screen, above the pitch, select "Add Tactic", tick "Use an existing tactic" and then select it from the "Archived Tactics".

DOWNLOAD

Click here to view the article

Thanked by 1 Member:

#2 Raul

Raul

Hot Prospect

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Care to post some results with your tactic?

#3 Schmidy

Schmidy

FMF's Admin, VIP and token South African

• Manager
  • 3,503 posts
  • 371 thanks
  • Steam: schmidyk
  • LocationPietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

You've always had a solid tactic Abs, things are somewhat different on this FM so I may have to give it a go at some stage.

fs_overall.png

"If someone else disagrees, they should make their own game" - Miles Jacobson (@milesSI)

#4 Alberto

Alberto

The Godfather Of FMF

• Chairman
  • 1,324 posts
  • 165 thanks

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Care to post some results with your tactic?

Attached File  26-10-2013 22-31-05.png   75.03KB   19 downloads

This is the best i can do I'm afraid as i have only gotten through the friendlies as of yet.

#5 Glenn

Glenn

Official FMF Penalty Taker and Pool Shark

• Manager
  • 4,556 posts
  • 619 thanks

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Lovely to see this back again!

GoT2_zpsc46cd063.png

Midero: emoticons are word condoms

#6 AntonBlake

AntonBlake

Key Player

• Members
  • 1,772 posts
  • 364 thanks
  • LocationBath [UK]

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Oh wow.... how can you argue with results like that? :D

2djwe3d.png

I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first

Thanked by 1 Member:

#7 DazS8

DazS8

Youngster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

Great tactic......will give it a go.

Have you any Training suggestions tto go with it?

#8 The Ru

The Ru

"We are the Walking Dead!"

• Assistant Manager
  • 1,890 posts
  • 166 thanks
  • Steam: The Ru
  • LocationLocked in the Time War

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

It sucks.

Haha! Nah. I done 'The Saviour Cometh' with this tactic, only losing two matches on route to survival.

Member of the old FMFormation since 2006

FMF Portfolio

uc.pngfs_lastplayed.png

#9 Alberto

Alberto

The Godfather Of FMF

• Chairman
  • 1,324 posts
  • 165 thanks

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Great tactic......will give it a go.

Have you any Training suggestions tto go with it?

Not really bud, I set the training type to Fitness @ Very High during the pre-season, and then when the season begins I set it to Balanced @ High, however sometimes I do set it to team cohesion, if and when its required.

#10 Alberto

Alberto

The Godfather Of FMF

• Chairman
  • 1,324 posts
  • 165 thanks

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Haha! Nah. I done 'The Saviour Cometh' with this tactic, only losing two matches on route to survival.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the results matey?

#11 The Ru

The Ru

"We are the Walking Dead!"

• Assistant Manager
  • 1,890 posts
  • 166 thanks
  • Steam: The Ru
  • LocationLocked in the Time War

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the results matey?

Erm...oops.

I should've really saved some screenies because I deleted the save game because I didn't need it anymore. I can show you the score I got from it, lol.

Member of the old FMFormation since 2006

FMF Portfolio

uc.pngfs_lastplayed.png

#12 Craigaroo

Craigaroo

Youngster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

Enjoying this tactic. Been messing about with a few of my own and other downloaded ones, this is by far my favourite. Had to make a couple of minor tweaks to it though to fit my team. I set the mentality to counter and the fluidity to balanced as I was leaking way to many goals. Now however I'm averaging around 3 per game. I'd post a photo, but I can't atm, will do so when I hit the seasons end though.

So here's my results before applying my small changes: I'm Greenock Morton in the Scottish Championship btw, which may explain why it works better for me on counter... The following results are taken as of 17/08/13... Before then I was using one of my own tactics which was causing me to get my arse handed to me. So... Yeah:

2-4 L Dumbarton

1-1 D QOS

3-1 W Cowdenbeath

1-1D Hamilton

1-1 D Livingston

2-2 D Falkirk

0-1 L Cowdenbeath

1-2 L Falkirk

1-3 L Ross County

5-2 W Raith

2-4 L Alloa

3-4 L Livingston

1-2 L Dundee

After Tweaking:

3-0 W Dumbarton

3-0 W QOS

0-1 L Hamilton (top of league team, on a 11 match unbeathen run)

3-1 W Livingston

4-2 W Cowdenbeath

5-2 W Motherwell (Scottish Cup Game, Motherwell currently 5th in Scottish Premiership)

As I said, I'm pretty impressed with this tactic, during an average match I'm getting close to 35 shots at goal, of which around 20 are on target. Posession is usually around 59% too.

Currently up to 5th in the league since tweaking. Will post at the end of the season with my final position and screen shots.

#13 shane9151

shane9151

Youngster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

hi alberto swapped the ingame tactic I was using to yours and wat a difference,i was 6 pts behind Chelsea as man u after 12 games using your tactic i'm now 6 pts ahead, a great tactic well done,tried it with leeds and it's not quite so good with lower league teams.

Manchester United  Fixtures Schedule
Album: FM
1 images
0 comments

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fm2014 tactics, tactics, fm14, fm2014, fm14 tactics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Hi There!

We have moved over to The Football Community and posting on The FMFormation is no longer possible.

Please come and join us over on The Football Community :)